Sunday, January 25, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

This one actually comes out more like a beef stew, but a good beef stew to be sure! The kids loved it. I prepared the vegetables the night before, and then before work I threw everything into the Crock-Pot and started it up. The house was filled with amazing aromas when we got home!

Also... You know how there are some slow cooker recipes that just don't seem to come out right? (Vegetables mushy, meat not the right texture, etc...) This is NOT one of those recipes!

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes, cubed (I cut them into smaller pieces because in my experience, potatoes frequently do not cook through in the slow cooker)
4 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
3-4 pound rump roast, or pot roast, cut into serving size pieces (I used a round roast that I got on sale and it was perfect)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 bouillon cube (I used Better than Bouillon, which I prefer the flavor of)
1/2 C boiling water

Directions:
1. Put vegetables and meat in slow cooker. Stir in salt and pepper.
2. Dissolve bouillon cube in water, then pour over other ingredients.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 10-12 hours.

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Hello, I had some time today to check out the blogs of my followers. Thanks for keeping up with us. It is always nice to get comments from people.

I'm going to love this blog for sure. I'm staying home a lot more than I used to and cooking at home is a regular thing. But I do love to cook and I probably have 75 cookbooks and still use all of them. I love casseroles and love my crockpot. I will have to let you know when we try out your recipes. Thanks again for following and I would love to put this blog on my blogroll to share with others.