Saturday, February 7, 2009

Simple Penne Casserole

This is a recipe I made up myself, using ingredients I had on hand. It was very easy and the family liked it. :)

penne_casserole


Simple Penne Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lb package penne pasta (I used Barilla whole grain, 13.5 oz package)
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
3 C shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Brown the hamburger with half of the Italian seasoning and all of the minced garlic mixed in.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
3. Mix hamburger mixture with pasta. Add pasta sauce, the rest of the Italian seasoning, and then mozzarella cheese.
4. Top with more mozzarella cheese if desired.
5. Cook in preheated 375° oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is hot. Serve with garlic bread and salad. Enjoy!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

This one looks delicious. I'm into simple and I love pasta casseroles.