Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas for the Slow Cooker

This is really more of a casserole than strict chicken enchiladas. It's still yummy! I doubled this recipe because I have the huge-sized Crock-Pot. This recipe is intended for the smaller, 3-quart Crock-Pot.

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

2 10-3/4 ounce cans cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I used mushroom.)
4-1/2 ounce can diced green chilies
2-3 boneless, skinless whole chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 C shredded cheddar cheese
5 6-inch flour tortillas (I used corn because they're lowfat and I like them better!)

Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine soups, chilies, and chicken.
2. Spray the interior of the cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Spoon in 1/5 of the sauce on the bottom. Top with 1/5 of the cheese and then 1 tortilla (for the big slow cooker I used 3). Continue layering in that order, and with those amounts, 4 more times, ending with cheese on top.
4. Cover cooker and cook on Low 4 hours.

No comments: